Wednesday 8 February 2012

New Stuff

I've been virtually welded to ebay for a couple of years now - its a great chance to buy almost anything at low cost, which enables experimentation. I have a long list of clothing I want to try - not all of it suits me - but it's all worth trying once. So far I've dressed up as a hippy chick, smart business woman, off the shoulder gypsy girl, tried on various kinds of tunic dresses, including chiffon; long dresses, bridesmaid and wedding dresses, sun dresses, mini skirts, short pleated skirts, tight pencil skirts, long gypsy skirts, floaty skirts, heavy corduroy skirts, bubble skirts, wrap skirts, batwing tops, floaty blouses, strapless tops, jumper dresses, etc. etc.
This actually does go on forever...so it's no surprise my ebay shopping goes on for ever too.
Today I received delivery of a long tunic top, a rather glamorous evening top, and black, punky, ripped top.

punky top
 I bought this with my current main project in mind - that of reconciling Lizzie with Steve (there, i've given you my actual given name now - or have I?)

with a little skirt
 These were taken before I washed my hair today, so it looks somewhat unkempt. Thought it went well with my little grey skirt, and the tights are new too. Fashion tights from Asda, £3.50.
And, below, with new boots and my new favourite jacket, scarf from the 99p shop on Eltham High Street.


looking worryingly like my Mum

with the bubble skirt

with a long velveteen skirt

with jeans
 It was very successful with jeans and truly something I could wear as Steve. Indeed I did, today, albeit with a jacket on so the top was barely visible - down to the postbox as in the tranny tradition, with jeans on (above)!

Then my most glamorous new purchase - which left a little pile of sparkly debris everywhere I went, teamed here with a waterfall cardigan.



The floaty top here, loved the long sleeves:




I intend to try these tops with all my trousers - ran out of time today. Also had to try this top with a plain black skirt. And it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment