Sunday 26 February 2012

Boys In The Pink - Blog

This blog really rang my bell. It introduces itself thus:
This blog is a fantasy. It conceives a world where, in the 21st century, women have become the dominant sex. They run governments and have careers, while men must wear ‘feminine’ clothes, raise children and do the housework. Imagine a complete reversal of traditional gender identities and you’ll get the idea.
That this is a fantasy bears repeating:
 We will be building upon various trends in the real world, such as better performance of females in education, greater numbers of women in the workplace, and so on. It’s fun to exaggerate these, but the alarmists who like to say that women are ‘taking over’ are wrong. 
Sadly, true. I'm all for women taking over myself. You don't need to force me into the submissive feminine role - its one I've been headed for all my life! I find dominant women incredibly attractive, but we'll get on to that in a moment.
People are born, with a few exceptions, either male or female. They are then subjected to profound social conditioning according to what’s between their legs. ‘Masculinity’ is a package of behaviours traditionally associated with males. ‘Femininity’ is the package of behaviours traditionally associated with females. Both act as a kind of template into which human beings must squeeze themselves, regardless of what their true nature might be.
It's refreshing to see a feminist take this stance -I'm used to feminists denying the gender as a social construct theory in the case of transgendered men, and scorning men who choose to adopt feminine behaviour. The claim is made that current day gender roles stem from the start of the agricultural era and continue in various ways since then.

In my personal case this account is very believable. Both my wives were very strong women and I'd go so far to say my second wife was the dominant person in our marriage, whether she liked it or not. Indeed I was the one who wore the dresses, again, whether she liked it or not. For the first time in my career i now work for a woman, who works for a woman, who works for a woman. Unfortunately that's spoilt by the fact that the director we work for is a man, and so's the CEO. But it is progress in the right direction.

Obviously this IS a fantasy, and it should not happen like this, indeed there are very good reasons that most women will not want to feminise men even if they take the power and force men to be submissive, I can't see they'd want to dress men up in pretty dresses, to be honest, disappointing as that is. But what might happen, eventually, is a less rigorous adherence to the gender role that is forced upon you at birth. A tolerance of men who want to be feminine, live as females. Not just a tolerance, but acceptance, the way that gay men are pretty much accepted in modern society, feminised men should be too!

this is the way I'd dress - if given the choice!
If you're going to read this blog then you need to start at the beginning - which, as it is a blog, is at the end. Happy reading!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing about my blog!

    I'd like to add that I've made Eve's Rib (http://eves-rib.blogspot.com/) my main blog now, so look there for all new updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, lovely!

    "It's refreshing to see a feminist take this stance -I'm used to feminists denying the gender as a social construct theory in the case of transgendered men, and scorning men who choose to adopt feminine behaviour."

    It's such a shame that you have come across feminists with this view. Makes me feel disappointed of them. Thankfully, there's lots of feminists (including myself) who don't deny that gender is a social construct when it comes to people who are transgender.

    A lot of people forget (or don't understand) that feminism is about equality and CHOICE. You should be able to have that choice to wear whatever you like and undertake any roles that you are comfortable and happy with. I choose to be a woman who is ambitious. My partner chooses to be a house-husband. We're very happy that way.

    Destroy those labels and be YOU. :)

    love @monocledcat X

    ReplyDelete