Saturday 2 March 2013

To Illustrate, Part 2 - Kaftan Years

In the mid '00s - 2005 / 06 / 07 I took to wearing kaftans a bit more. My reasoning was that they're a bit less obviously womens' wear and more like stuff that men can acceptably wear in many hot countries. 

That said - the one below is quite dress like - and for that reason was my favourite. It had a drawstring neckline and quite a hefty slit up the side - nice with a casual jacket. 


Then there's this - much more of a desert theme going on here. I wore this to death - even my wife didn't mind me wearing it round the house. Very, very long though, nd possibly quite a brave shade of green there....
Then there was this orange one...very feminine and yes - the only picture i have of me wearing it is in make up and very much in femme mode - as Stevie as I called myself at the time.


I lost my kaftans about 4 years ago in a mini purge...however, have just acquired a new one and want more for the summer. I also have a mini kaftan and there's nothing remotely manly about it :-p

Here's another couple of shots I just found - this long M&S skirt is long gone, but it was very pleasant to wear.
and this is my Glastonbury festival skirt - never worn at glasto but it was bought there in a last day sale.

Still have it - just washed and ironed it as I've lost enough weight now to get back into it.

and this was one of my wife's rare skirts....i'm not sure she wore it more than once - or ever. I wore it out to walk the dog in the mornings, and whenever i got the chance indoors. Nice to get one's legs out on a warm day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment